Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ruffled Streamers

Well we FINALLY picked a theme for my daughters 7th birthday party....(drum roll please)....Carnival Party!!! And i couldn't be happier she wanted this theme. There are tons of easy cheap games to make and i can pawn off a ton of stuffed animals as prizes (they are taking over the house). So i found this great idea from one of my favorite blogs http://www.howdoesshe.com/ruffled-party-streamers and i thought i would share with you how easy this project is.  I got my streamers at the dollar store there are two rolls in each package.


Just place the two streamers on top of each other lower your presser foot on the sewing machine and bunch the streamers with your fingers and sew. That is it :)


I ran a dowel in the middle of the streamers and placed it in a basket i had. But this step is optional i just felt it kept the streamers from tangling and off of the floor.

I LOVE they way they came out plus doubling the streamers makes them durable and cute. Plus i am going to roll mine up after the party and use them again! Which with regular streamer isn't really an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment